Wednesday, April 1, 2009

England!



I have made it safely across the pond! I arrived in London early Monday morning, and after a nap, my lovely host Nicki took me around the city! No, I didn't see the crown jewels or guards with furry hats, but I got a great panoramic view from the London Eye! (Note above photo.) After a whirlwind experience of the Tube, the Thames, and the West End, I'm already looking for "the loo" and managing to open double doors on the left side. I'm in Hertfordshire, about an hour and a half north of London. My schedule is packed with cross-cultural training on HIV, boundaries, and communicating across cutures. Its busy, busy, busy until I fly out of Heathrow Saturday morning.
Its been wonderful to meet many of the Oasis staff, to learn more about the organization and the amazing things that are occurring around the world! I still haven't quite figured out how to sleep at the right time, but that'll all change soon anyway. And as I learned from working night shift, and little melatonin works wonders.
Thanks to all my well-wishers and encouragers. I miss you all already! Don't worry, I'll update again soon--next post, Mumbai!

No comments: